Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lady Gaga turns up as a Man

The VMAs have turned into a huge party of smoke & mirrors, it seems like, especially when you have the cast of Jersey Shore and the clown outfits of Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry taking up all the Tweet traffic. People dropped the f-bomb left and right, with legit alcohol in their hands. Lady Gaga stole the show, again. And Britney still wins? Over ADELE!?

Oy. I sat through this just to catch that sneak-peek trailer of The Hunger Games.

My Chicago experience has been a busy one, and I can't believe it's only been two weeks since I officially started here! The job situation has gotten better, and I'm learning to love this little gig I have at a bakery near my apartment as I continue to find a full-time job.

Speaking of jobs, I officially have the ability and aptitude of working as a bartender. =) I had taken a 2week mixology course through one of the bartending schools in the city, and what's great is they offer lifetime job placement assistance, in case I ever need it. I'm not sure if I would ever be up for doing this as a job, but I do have a lot more appreciation for what bartenders go through night after night. I'm also interviewing for a nanny agency this week... so it'll be kinda funny if I end up staying true to my AniNanny persona, at the end of all this craziness. =)

As a single gal in the city, I'm making it a priority to go out and meet people whenever possible. I've become less weary about dating sites this past month, too, and I actually managed to meet a couple of great guys this week. It's always awkward for me to say "this was fun! wanna hang out again?" and not make it sound like "hey! I like you! wanna hang out again?" when it might be what the other person was thinking. Maybe that's why I have trouble with dating sites, because if you're the person (like me) who just wants to meet people and let chemistry happen the old-fashioned way, other people might wonder if they're wasting their time and just move on.

I came into this just after finishing a year-long relationship with a guy I was basically so comfortable with, I could burp in front of him and feel the same. So far I've met up with three different guys, all adorable in their own way, but through them I've come to realize the type of guy I'm fairly compatible with:

My ideal guy:
-ranges from 5'4"-5'8" and is at least 25 years old.
-is athletic/outdoorsy. To the very least, he can endure a camping trip or a 5K.
-can cook for himself and for others, and not just with the microwave.
-loves to read. Yes, even with a Kindle.
-loves to travel, near and far.
-is a cleaner/neat-freak.
-may have had a wild side, but has learned from his mistakes and become the better man.
-can dance and sing Karaoke while sober.
-knows common courtesy, but also knows when to speak up for himself.

All good traits to have, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment