Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Figure Drawing


Once a week, I go to this art academy downtown for some Open Studio time, where the objective is to draw a human figure in whatever medium you'd like. I'm trying to get back into the comic-drawing mode to work on a graphic novel, and in a way, I'm also re-learning the basics of animation.

The thing about Open Studio is that you don't really have a teacher critiquing you on what you should improve on. It's the artist who needs to fix their own mistakes and trust their individual skills. I like this method, but I've noticed that it takes a lot of energy and motivation for me to actually open a sketchbook and draw outside of class.

I did the above motion sequence during a break I had at work, and I can already tell I need massive improvement. Nevertheless, I felt really proud that I had successfully drawn something in sequence!

My next goal is to start writing this graphic novel to get a good idea of what I should draw. Lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment