Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I have a project!



So all through the weekend I worked on these characters, just after an idea popped into my head.  My mind has been in Anime/Comics mode lately, so I figured I'd take advantage of that.  Haha... when we presented our sketches in class today, one student actually pointed mine out and said "That looks like Anime!" and our animation professor replied "yeah... there's always one..." ^^.  

Anyway, here are my characters for the semester:


The girl's name is Ranait (pronounced 'Renee' but with a soft 't' at the end) and her pet Bunny is... well, a giant bunny.  It's pretty obvious that the two don't always get along.   =)  I got this idea from having a pet cat for so many years, how sometimes she drove me nuts with playfulness, but always had a cuddly demeanor whenever I had a rough day.   I'm not sure how many simple animations I'll have of Ranait & Bunny by December, but I'm excited.

This was just a rough sketch.  Bunny has evolved a little bit, which you'll see once I'm done making the first coloring piece.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment